The Polar Vortex has passed, and Spring will be here before we know it. For those of you in the roadside maintenance industry, it will soon be time to put away the snowplows and sanders and dust off the mowers and mulchers.
Here are some things you will need to remember as this year’s cutting season gets underway.
Change Your Oil
- Hydraulic oil and filters, gear oil in gearboxes, and oil bath spindles should be changed once a year, or every 500 hours
- Greaseable spindles should be greased once a year or every 500 hours with 10 pumps of #2 Lithium grease in each grease fitting, while equipment is warm
Check For Cracks & Leaks
- Thoroughly inspect equipment for any cracks that should be repaired or leaks in hoses and fittings that could cause problems later
- Check the entire machine for loose bolts and bushings – tighten or replace as necessary
Install New Blades & Teeth
- Start the season right with a new set of blades, knives or teeth
- Diamond Parts offers direct replacement parts for not only Diamond equipment, but other brands such as Tiger or Alamo
Perform Tractor or Skid-Steer Maintenance
- Follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for oil and filter changes, and any other maintenance
Ensuring your mowing or mulching machine is ready for the year prevents costly breakdowns and downtime.
Consult your Operator's Manual for more information.
To shop for Diamond parts, click here.