Do you have an overgrown property or need to clear land for a future development site? Land can become overgrown with brush and trees for a multitude of reasons. It has been a long-time belief that clearing land is only something that can be tackled by large contractors that have specialized equipment. This is not true – as skid-steers and heavy-duty attachments allow private landowners and contractors to take on land clearing jobs.
What Is Land Development?
Clearing an overgrown property can be tackled with a skid-steer or compact track loader (CTL) by leveraging vegetation management attachments. Skid-steers offer agility, speed, and flexibility due to their compact nature.
Land development or clearing is converting raw land into agriculture, construction-ready housing, commercial, or industrial building sites. Primary types of applications of land development consist of:
- Changing landforms from a natural state for a purpose such as agriculture or housing
- Subdividing real estate into lots, usually for building homes
- Real estate development
- Road construction
- Setup of fences and hedges
- Service connections to municipal services and public utilities
- Drainage and canals
- External lighting such as street lights
Tackling Jobs With a Skid-Steer
In recent years, the rise in popularity of skid-steers has inspired companies to develop brush cutters and mulchers that universally attach to almost any brand of skid-steer. This flexibility has allowed many private landowners and small contractors alike to take on the work.
Once you’ve decided to take on a land clearing job with a skid-steer – you will have to be prepared to come across various variables on the land you are working, such as:
- Trees and tree stumps
- Fence lines
- Issues with utilities
- Water issues
You will be ready to overcome many of these obstacles by easily switching to a buck or other attachment and back quickly, which gives you the ability to reduce the potential for damage to equipment or surroundings before proceeding with brush or land clearing.
Heavy-Duty Brush and Land Clearing
Diamond offers a full line of skid-steer attachments to tackle your land clearing needs, which include:
- Rotary Mower - clear overgrown brush and small trees quickly and effectively
- Forestry Disc Mulcher - grind down trees and brush efficiently while working in a rural setting away from objects or other valuables.
- Drum Mulcher – ideal when working in urban areas providing a controlled environment while creating a finished look by turning brush and trees into a fine mulch
- Flail Mower - clean overgrown vegetation and trim grass for a manicured finish - perfect for urban environments where animals, humans, and housing are present
- Stump Grinders - simple and easy to operate to tackle tree stumps
Whether you need to prep a site for future development or maintain a park, tree grove, or fence line – turn to Diamond Mowers to get your land clearing job done.